Packaging can have a major impact on consumer buying decisions, so it’s essential to have retail ready packaging that protects and organizes your product, draws attention to it, and highlights your brand and the product’s best features. The right packaging can make the difference between making a sale or watching your competitor make a sale.
What Is Retail Ready Packaging?
Shelf ready retail packaging is secondary packaging that makes your product ready to put on the shelves. While primary packaging is what the consumer will take home with them when they buy the item, it’s the retail packaging that protects products during transit and makes it easy for the retailers to handle store, and stock them.
There are a lot of benefits to using retail-ready packaging:
- Delicate or oddly shaped products can be shipped efficiently in shelf-ready packaging.
- It’s often made of corrugated packaging with a perforated top that’s easy to open.
- Identifying information, including bar codes, are easily accessible to streamline the unloading, storing, and stocking process within the retail facility.
- Retailers can quickly and easily put your product on the shelves, which saves the company time and labor costs.
- The store can maximize space by placing one box behind another, which also makes it easy to restock: instead of placing item by item, the retailer can open a new retail package and put it on the shelf, ensuring it’s always available to the shopper.
- Shelves stay neater and more organized.
- Retail packaging is easily customizable to your brand. Built-in handles make it easier to manage large or heavy boxes.
- These packages are recyclable.
Efficient and Effective Retail Packaging
As with any other packaging and marketing, retail packaging needs to be carefully designed to have the most impact. There are a few key elements that should be considered in a great design:
- Identification: Your product name and information should be clear. Handlers have to know what they’re holding so they can direct it to the right shelf.
- Stocking: It should be easy to store your product and get it on the shelf without hassle, creating an efficient one-touch process for the retail employees.
- Shopping: Your brand can shine through your retail-ready packaging design. Not only should it draw the shopper’s attention, but it should also include the information that makes your product easy to identify. From there, they can easily access the product to put it in their cart.
- Opening: Perforated tops eliminate the need for tools, like a box cutter or scissors, to open the package, and help the retail workers save time.
- Recycling: Corrugated packaging is durable during transit, and it’s easily recyclable to help your company reduce waste.
Progress Container & Display’s Retail Packaging
At Progress Container & Display, we specialize in the design and manufacturing of retail-ready packaging and other packaging solutions. With years of industry experience, we have a clear understanding of what appeals to the consumer, and we combine our design expertise with your brand requirements for attention-grabbing graphics. Our turn-key solutions include fulfillment capabilities, from pre-packed floor displays to kitting projects, pallet displays, and more.
We’re committed to quality control, and we’ve invested heavily in our inspection process and equipment. Our ISO 9001:2015-certified system, including our new Gopfert RDC Evolution, ensures our packaging meets or exceeds your expectations.
Since 1971, we’ve been a trusted packaging partner for clients in a number of industries, including automotive, eCommerce, pharmaceutical, electronics, food and beverage, beauty, pet food, toys, sporting goods, and others.
Contact us to learn more about how we can help take your retail-ready packaging to the next level.