A Guide to Creating the Best E-Commerce Packaging for Your Brand
Custom e-commerce packaging goes above and beyond the constraints of standardized packaging solutions, allowing e-commerce sellers to implement branded packaging that suits the needs of each unique product. Through custom packaging, online sellers ensure that goods remain better protected in transit and present a positive brand image to the consumer upon arrival. Using custom e-commerce packaging solutions helps businesses to set their brand apart from the competition through an improved customer experience.
Building Your Brand: Benefits of Custom E-Commerce Packaging
Implementing custom packaging into your e-commerce operation provides numerous benefits. Some of the primary advantages of custom e-commerce packaging include:
Improved Brand Image
As an extension of your brand, packaging plays an important role in how your customers feel about your business. Substandard packaging may result in damaged goods, which will reflect negatively on your brand. Even standard packaging that sufficiently protects items in transit won’t make a lasting impression on the buyer.
Custom packaging adds value to your brand by creating an impression with your customer, leading them to associate your brand with better quality. Developing this sort of reputation will drive repeat business, which directly contributes to the long-term success of your company.
Enhanced Customer Experience
Customizing your packaging can improve the customer experience in a number of ways. For example, hard-to-open packaging might create a negative experience for the customer that impacts their view of the product overall, whereas easy-open solutions have the opposite effect. Including aesthetically pleasing graphics, designs, and text will leave a lasting impression on the buyer and excite them further about the product inside.
Unique products with stylish packaging also spread by word of mouth and through social media via posts and unboxing videos. Uniquely designed packaging will make your brand easily identifiable and link it with a positive experience for the viewer.
Custom e-commerce packaging goes beyond simple aesthetic value to include custom boxes and inserts that provide better protection to the products within. Standard shipping boxes are not made specifically for your products, and even the closest match often needs excessive and wasteful filler material for proper damage mitigation during transit. Customized packaging is tailored specifically to your product and will reduce the risk of damage due to mishandled packages. Customization also allows you to eliminate any excess packaging material and use the smallest possible container, which offers an additional return on investment in the form of lower shipping costs.
E-Commerce Packaging Trends
While all retailers must contend with various consumer demands, e-commerce sellers have additional challenges to overcome. Based on industry needs and consumer desires, the following trends have greatly influenced e-commerce packaging in recent years:
- Sustainability. Customizing packages to fit your products snugly reduces the need for wasteful filler material.
- Less plastic waste. Consumers want less plastic in their packaging, which has driven demand for easily recyclable packaging and packaging made from renewable materials.
- E-commerce-friendly packaging. Boxes and shipping materials used for e-commerce products must withstand the rigors of shipping.
- Marketing. Since numerous people come in contact with the package before delivery, including marketing on the outside of the box can be considered free advertising.
- Clean and simple. Less is more. Keep your packaging clean and simple can add elegance to a brand.
- Graphics. High-quality graphics create brand appeal for many product types.
- Social media-friendly. Using photos or videos, your customers may share the unboxing of their subscription box or special package with friends and followers. Ensure your packaging looks appealing to increase your customer base via social media shares.
How Progress Container Helps with Your E-Commerce Packaging
At Progress Container, we provide a wide range of e-commerce packaging solutions. With in-house structural and graphic designers, we build quality packaging custom-tailored to your brand and product. Our state-of-the-art equipment and commitment to continuous process improvement ensure that we can produce packaging in accordance with all of the latest trends and technologies.
All e-commerce packaging is not the same, so it is essential to find the right packaging partner. Our packaging solutions are designed to create positive first impressions and lasting brand relationships.
To see how we can help bolster sales in your e-commerce business with quality custom packaging solutions, please contact us today.