Progress Container & Display began in 1971 with a focus on creating industrial packaging solutions for the Georgia market and beyond. While we offer innovative design and manufacturing capabilities, the real strength lies with our people.
Our staff has extensive experience in the packaging industry and every member of our team is devoted to the satisfaction of each customer. We achieve this end goal through a dedication to outstanding service on every order.
At Progress Container, we’ve grown significantly in our decades of operation. Here is a timeline of major events for our organization:
- 1971. Progress Container was founded in Lilburn, Georgia.
- 1973. Progress Container builds a new facility in Lawrenceville, Georgia.
- Mid-1980s. The company implements a strategic investment strategy in equipment and technology to provide high-quality color displays to customers, meeting the needs of changing retail and distribution markets.
- 1990s. This decade saw multiple major equipment upgrades for Progress Container & Display, as well as added emphasis on our ability to warehouse customer orders in support of Just-in-Time manufacturing processes.
- 2000. A new facility is completed, including advanced graphics and design capabilities, state-of-the-art manufacturing equipment, and expanded warehouse space.
Today Progress Container has evolved into a strong Regional and National provider of Packaging and Display Solutions.
We continually update our processes and equipment to ensure our customers have access to the latest advances in packaging and design technologies. We’ve also developed a commitment to sustainable packaging solutions, helping our clients to minimize their carbon footprint.
Our Philosophy of Sustainability
We use recyclable corrugated packaging solutions for their sustainable nature. As an environmentally focused packaging provider, we have developed the following Six Rs of Sustainability to guide our efforts:
- Remove. Our skilled design team will optimize every packaging design to eliminate any unnecessary elements and materials without sacrificing product protection.
- Reduce. Our designers focus on efficiency in each element of a packaging solution, determining the minimum necessary board combinations and ultimately reducing the total fiber per carton. Through careful SKU management, we can also reduce production waste and fabricate the exact number of boxes needed by a client.
- Reuse. Whenever possible, we incorporate recoverable and reusable liners and mediums recovered from Old Corrugated Containers (OCC) and Double-Lined Kraft (DLK) cuttings.
- Renewable. We only use sheet suppliers that are certified by the Sustainable Forest Initiative (SFI) or similar certifications that ensure they adhere to sustainable forestry practices.
- Revenue. We maximize the use of more affordable recycled materials to improve our own revenue and make our solutions more affordable for our customers.
- Read. We continually read the latest research on packaging sustainability to ensure we are up to date on the latest best practices. We use this knowledge to reevaluate packaging processes, identify pain points, and modify goals to improve profitability, efficiency, and environmental responsibility for all parties involved.
Sustainability and Quality Certifications
We are certified for sustainability in the following ways:
- ISO 9001:2015
- ISO 14001:2015
- Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI)
- Forest Stewardship Council (FSC)
For more information about our company, our solutions, or our sustainability practices, please don’t hesitate to contact us.